DonorPerfect is a solution in fundraising that helps nonprofits grow. It helps teams manage donations, contacts, receipting, reporting, email, and fundraising initiatives from a single system. Features for organizations of all size include automatic monthly giving, integrated online donation forms,…
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||Canada, United States|
- 10Likelihood to Renew9 ratings
- 9.5Availability2 ratings
- 9.5Performance2 ratings
- 9.1Usability11 ratings
- 8Support Rating32 ratings
- 9Online Training2 ratings
- 7.5In-Person Training2 ratings
- 5.5Implementation Rating7 ratings
- 7.5Configurability2 ratings
- 7.8Product Scalability2 ratings
- 7.5Ease of integration2 ratings
- 8.5Vendor pre-sale2 ratings
- 7.2Vendor post-sale2 ratings
- Donor records
- Donor histories
- Event management
- Fund raising campaigns
- Integration with Quickbooks
- Online donations
- I would like more flexibility in the design of online giving forms.
- track donations
- personalize donor communications
- generate segmentation reports
- manage events
- only allows you to upload one small photo per donor profile
- reports can be very complicated to run with multiple steps
- support from the company only covers rudimentary features of the program
- Customer service is awesome
- They help streamline tax receipting
- We can keep donor information private for each chapter
- Reporting is complicated
- User management is complicated
- Training is a bit intense
- They patiently walk me through the steps needed to resolve my problem.
- They are very patient and answer all of my questions.
- I rarely wait more than 2 minutes to speak to someone in Customer Support.
- I wish there was another download instead of CSV. My computer doesn't like to save documents in CSV, so it always takes time to either save them or change the format.
- I wish the Moves Management more closely followed the format developed by the Veritus Group.
- Show attrition rates.
- Help point out strengths and weaknesses in the organization's fundraising.
- Enable quick and tailored email thank-you's.
- Helps identify donors with uploaded photo to donor record
- Allows personalized video thank you's
- Some desired reports can prove complicated to perform and require outside consultants for an extra expense.
- Email thank-you's will not allow installation of a widget to directly access forms, only links to a webpage.
- The program closes too soon during inactivity prompting the user to login multiple times daily.
- DonorPerfect is easy to use. I have trained volunteers and employees in under an hour on the basics of tracking name and address information. For a small organization, it is a good stable platform that will get any Development Department to speed quickly.
- It also does a good job of letting an individual track movements with a prospect or donor. From meeting or phone call notes to next steps, it does a pretty good right within the system, so you don't need extra reports.
- Their support team is really good about staying on top of issues and answering questions quickly whether it's through the Chat feature or telephone support. Their webinar trainings are another way for new users to get up to speed quickly.
- Some of the ways they handle online donations could be improved. One section requires a tribute or memorial fields in the donation and not every donation is like that so I believe it confuses the donor. They have yet to find a remedy to that in my knowledge.
- Some of their reports or structures within the reports cause some issues. For donations that are split between different programs, the donations do not appear in some reports which can be confusing
- Would like to see their duplicate maintenance system improved. Sometimes it does not catch all the duplicates within the system if one runs the report on just name and address.
- Building Reports.
- Reports can be confusing.
- Organization can be very intuitive, there are a lot of codes that are available. Making navigating very difficult.
- User friendly
- Detailed donation tracking
- Online forms
- Integration with more credit card readers
- Donor Search included
I personally have been using DonorPerfect two years after using another fundraising software program. The program is very easy to use, and if I need additional help, customer services is only a phone call away. It’s convenient to have the online forms available so you set them up and don’t have to worry about them and it’s easy for our donors to make one-time gifts, monthly gifts, sign-up for events and we even use them for our volunteer hours.
- Online forms for one-time donations, monthly donations and event management.
- Running reports on specific fundraising needs including monthly reports to finance and generating automated reports to send to the fundraising team is important to do.
- We are able to request new and improved ways to speed up what we do, however it is slow getting these changes and a number of individuals need to also want them.
- It is very used friendly and can be implemented and used almost immediately
- It includes Constant Contact FREE with the program
- It provides training programs on everything
- Their Customer Services is awesome
- It could provide some of the standard reports fundraisers need as canned reports
- It could provide optional salutations so you could mail to only one person - not both
- It could enable us to set up monthly giving categories without using their donation program
- the BEST customer service
- easy to use for data entry
- intuitive reporting
- Reporting donations.
- Targeted mailing lists.
- I'd personally love a few more shortcut keys.
- Some of the selection filters for creating reports or lists could be a little easier to navigate.
- DonorPerfect has provided our organization a cost-effective, user-friendly option for donor databases. It is intuitive and even someone without experience in databases can use it for the basics.
- They also provide lots of paid and free webinars that help dig deeper into the functionality.
- While there are some areas that need improvement, they are quick to respond to suggestions and are constantly upgrading. Overall I'm pleased with DonorPerfect.
- Their contact management tracking is cumbersome.
- Event management tracking is cumbersome and no easy way to see in a donor's record what events they have attended.
- There is not much room for customization in the reporting.
- Cost-effective, so good for a smaller organization or one with a low budget.
- Intuitive and user-friendly. Good for an organization that has a wide range of experience with databases.
- Somewhat limited with the customization of reporting. If you don't need reports outside of what is already provided, this isn't a problem.
- DP Tech support is great. They are always available and they go the extra mile.
- They are very interactive with their users, take suggestions and often implement them. Once they pushed forward an "upgrade" that nobody liked, and they immediately owned it and pulled it down.
- It is very intuitive.
- This sounds a little crazy but I wish they had a way of saying, "that's a bad idea." We've spent a lot of time doing data clean up of our predecessors (and a few of ours) bad decisions.
- The knowledge base is, very knowledgeable, but the bites of information are too small. We follow, and don't need that much of a small step by small step.
- We appreciate the webinars but assume some previous knowledge and talk a little faster.
- The support team is readily available and extremely helpful.
- The training features made reporting easy.
- The gift processing is seamless.
- I would like the gift information to appear on the search list of names.
- I would like to be able to click from screen to screen under a particular name without having to click save, to be able to save all screens at once.
- Donor management
- Ease of running a variety of reports
- Great customer support
- Some reports are difficult to run, but easier with customer support
- DonorPerfect is extremely customizable in every possible way. I love that you can customize what you see when you view a donor's record and how you see it. Fields can be active or hidden, and arranged in any way you choose. In addition, you can create custom fields and parameters, which can be used to enter text freely, as a drop-down box, or as selections with check boxes. The other awesome thing about the options for customization is that you can add, remove, or change fields at ANY time. My organization has used DonorPerfect for over 10 years, but just a few days ago, I added a field to the main screen in our donor records that is now relevant and helpful to my colleague and me as we work together. I feel like the possibilities are limitless in making it DonorPerfect your specific needs.
- DonorPerfect reports are extremely versatile, and can literally be created to produce any data set imaginable. You can create, name, rename, save, and delete any reports in your profile. You can run very broad, lengthy reports, (which generate surprisingly quickly!), or very specific, detailed reports. You can create and save filters for quick use, or start from scratch each time you run a report.
- I would like to see DonorPerfect host more educational webinars relevant to nonprofit fundraising. I participate in a lot of free webinars facilitated by competitor companies, but DonorPerfect doesn't offer nearly as many.
- I think a better interface for interacting with other DonorPerfect users would be beneficial. Chatting with peers in a discussion board-type forum could be very beneficial in many ways.
DonorPerfect is great for reporting, which would positively impact any nonprofit organization. All NPOs are required to do a certain amount of reporting, but it is so important to share data with stakeholders, donors, management, boards, etc., and DonorPerfect is so versatile and all-encompassing when it comes to formulating data with which to do so.
DonorPerfect works so well for us because we can completely customize it. We can add new fields as they become relevant, and we can search those fields through reports. We also like the integration with Constant Contact, allowing us to keep all of our lists segmented easily so we can send targeted email communications to different groups. Whenever anyone changes their email or opts out, the Constant Contact > DonorPerfect connection automatically updates for us, so we don't have to manually make the changes. DonorPerfect also has a great form builder tool, to allow us to create web forms easily and quickly. And what we probably like best of all - their incredible support team. I can email them a question if I'm having trouble getting a report to run the way I want, or I can call and almost always get a person on the first ring. Their support team will walk us through an issue, or help us think through how to add new fields or make changes that will work for us.
- Personalization to the organization is incredible. The ability to customize takes some learning, but it's not overly complex and is a really powerful way to make sure you can track information relevant to your organization.
- Their support team is exceptional. Phone support is almost always immediately available, and they can walk me through a task or screen share with me and take a look at something if I'm having an issue.
- DonorPerfect integrates well with our website and with our accounting software, making it easy to track donations and ensure proper acknowledgment.
- The customs forms are a bit tricky to navigate at first, but that's where the support service becomes so important.
- I'd like to be able to integrate it with more of our online tools, such as Mail Chimp or Classy.
- Finding duplicate accounts requires regular maintenance. If someone makes a gift online and they enter their information slightly differently than we have it on file, the system will create a new record. Every month, we go through and clean up those duplicates by merging the records. The processes are simple, but it takes time.
As with any donor/contact management system though, the most crucial step is making sure staff members understand how to use the system and ensuring that everyone uses it consistently. To make DonorPerfect really work for your organization, you need to be committed to ongoing training and learning so that everyone who should be using it is using it, and they're all using it in the same way.
- Their support services team is the best I have ever encountered.
- They continue to add new reports and new technology, always improving the software.
In addition, the reports we are able to generate are excellent.
- DonorPerfect has seamless integration with Constant Contact which is a huge benefit!
- DonorPerfect has an intuitive and logical flow which makes it easy to learn as a new user.
- I truly don't have any areas where I think DonorPerfect could improve. Like anything else, nothing is 100% perfect, but from the platform I used before to now using DonorPerfect, the difference is day and night!
- Entry screen customization - You can expand the defaults to make the product work for you.
- Price - It's cheaper that much of the competition.
- Duplicate management - Removing duplicates is never fun, and DP could use a better duplicate removal tool.
- DonorPerfect listens to its clients and updates the package in part based on our input.
- DonorPerfect continues to improve its customer support, increasing the hours and improving response time. When they do not have the answer I need, they quickly escalate it to someone who will be able to help.
- I would like more consistency. Certain things work on certain tables or fields, but not on others. They have listened and improved on this, but there is still room for improvement.
- We manage our events in DPO, but not using their event management tool, due to the inability to import old events and create reports with data from the events and other tables. This was the case when we migrated, but it may have changed by now.
- It has a great support staff.
- It is easy to use.
- It should have a feature that automatically backs up/saves the record you are in. In a busy office, we are constantly interrupted and we often leave our desks/computers and forget to click save. When we come back DP has timed out and not saved the data and it all has to be entered again. Very frustrating.
- Since DP owns ReadySetAuction it should interact better.
- Support. With phone support, I am able to communicate my unique needs and the representative are always willing to spend the time to figure out the best solutions with me.
- Ease of reporting. I know reporting in other databases can be complex and I appreciate the ease of use DonorPerfect offers for a small organization like ours. I juggle my varied development duties along with other areas of responsibility and don't use DonorPerfect every day. I really rely on the common sense approach to reporting.
- Broader search mode. Names must be spelled exactly instead of offering suggestions.
- How about an email feature within the donor's account?
- Connects with Constant Contact.
- Mail Merge for donation receipts.
- Getting reports can be tricky, but the help desk is phenomenal.