IBM offers watsonx Assistant, an AI and natural language driven chatbot designed to allow anyone to deploy a chatbot in an app or website.
The solution consists of two bots for a …
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
Contact for pricing
- Setup fee optional
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- 8.9Likelihood to Renew6 ratings
- 9.1Availability1 rating
- 9.1Performance1 rating
- 8.5Usability70 ratings
- 8.9Support Rating9 ratings
- 8.7Online Training2 ratings
- 9.1In-Person Training1 rating
- 8.7Implementation Rating2 ratings
- 9.1Configurability1 rating
- 9.1Product Scalability1 rating
- 9.1Ease of integration1 rating
- 9.1Vendor pre-sale1 rating
- 9.1Vendor post-sale1 rating
- 9.1Professional Services1 rating
- 9.1Contract Terms and Pricing Model1 rating
- Easily configured
- It can work as an intended virtual agent / chatbot
- The documentation is good
- WhatsApp integration is impressive
Too bad our budgeting were not sufficient to go to enterprise mode, this would be such a great tool
- Self learning
- I don't see any issues apart from cost that will be a hindrance for most companies
It is a great tool, apart from the costing that are not for every organizations out there, the regulation surrounding AI is still a thin ice and that could be a potential problem later
- Interface is intuitive and easy-to-learn
- Deep customization ability within the AI library and ability to constantly learn
- Chatbots and website virtual assistants can be created/deployed quickly and low LOE
- Fine tuning the AI models can be a bit difficult and has a steep learning curve
- The tool is very pricey
- The tool lags at times and sometimes the main sever running it needs to be rebooted
- Generate replies to general queries.
- For specific replies, more integration needed which can be done easily within Actions.
- Integrated with SMS, phone, Facebook, Slack, and many more
- Instead of providing functionalities of scanning documents/web pages through Watson Discovery that requires another IBM subscription, why not provide the same through IBM watsonx Assistant subscription?
- Quick responses
- Can be used a chatbot for customer service/website
- Easy to deploy
- Local languages has to be added (as of now it has only English)
- Acquires more space and data
- Apart from the lite version, it is too pricy
- Dynamic Chtbots
- Automate answering
- Accuracy level should be more
- Support from IBM
- Documentation Support
Less Suited areas : - I think any application which has less number of customers in volume should should think about it before using it.
- understanding of text and speech
- easy integration with other systems
- drag and drop builder makes it easy to configure by not so technical users
- pricing :)
- an easier way to prepare training data
- UI can be improved
In scenarios where interactions involve intricate or unpredictable discussions requiring nuanced understanding, Watson capabilities might fall short .... but this is the current state of all solutions on the market.
- preparation of intentions in a very flexible way
- understanding of text and speech
- system training in a very smart way
- improve the voice part in Italian
- improve the naming of download files so that they are immediately identifiable (e.g. month number instead of month name; )
- for the voice part it would be useful to be able to write certain words (such as the proper name of a product or customer) with a phonetic syntax
- conversation context management
- easy integration with other systems
- high assertiveness of AI models
- Could use generative AI to improve chatbot conversations
- Easy integration with Whatsapp
The business problems to be solved was - In my organization, we had been receiving a lot of user queries regarding various grades of steel. We wanted to make some sort of a conversational AI chatbot which could help with the initial screening of leads and also answer some ready to answer FAQs.
- Drag and Drop Builder so no knowledge of in depth coding required
- Very intuitive interface
- Subscription based service so can be used only when required, instead of lump sum purchase
- Uses NLP to understand the user queries. Very less bugs in deployment
- Great tool to qualify sales leads
- A tad bit expensive
- more subscription options can be provided, especially for subsidiary companies
- training data is difficult to collect and structure
In my opinion, IBM Watson requires very structured data to give meaningful outputs. If the user switches language which asking questions, sometimes the IBM watson assistant generated chatbot provides gibberish answers. That is less appropriate.
- Ease of integration with popular channels/applications (web integration, Intercom, Slack)
- Customizable (can add APIs)
- Good blend of curated (logic tree), conversational AI, and visual cues (widgets) to give end-users flexibility in how they interact with the bot
- Ability for the end-user to see/retrieve chat history
- Better integration with popular social messaging platforms (WhatsApp, Skype, TikTok, etc.)
- Drag-and-drop/ability to quickly add complex widgets (e.g., calendars, pre-formatted phone number entry, address finder, etc.)
Whilst the basic building blocks and functionality are easy to understand, IBM Watson Assistant does take time and developer expertise to unlock its full potential.
IBM Watson Assistant is less appropriate for rapid turnkey deployment when compared to other competitor offerings.
- Customer care operations
- Enterprise applications
- Conversational AI
- Automation AI
- Creating training data is difficult
- Requires large data for accuracy
- User Conversation Analysis
- Web Hooks
- Annotation of entities to intents can be improved.
- Some UI changes like having Restart Button fixed at the bottom of the text area so that user can restart the conversation in a single click at any point of time.
- The dialog structure can be enhanced.
We are using this in our current banking application to help customer resolve their issue with less customer service representative interactions.
- This tools helps in banking application to resolve customer issue
- Using this Assistant gives direct resolution without any delay
- It learns on fly using adaptive learning, which learns during bulk users scenario
- Artificial Intelligence is very new and in needs a lot of data to be feed
- Privacy is always a main concern when we are dealing with bots
- Both Authentication and authorization have to go hand in hand to right user response
When more and more users started interacting it gave correct response depending on users need. Our Agent calls reduced by 17% post implementation on this tool
The solution consists of two bots for a banking company, each one for their respective product.
The bots are integrated to mobile apps, web browser, and other technologies. Besides answering users questions, the bots also execute actions on their accounts, such as receipts, payments, card settings and others.
- Excellent NLU understanding
- Fast model training
- Easy to use and integrate with other services
- Integration with other IBM Functions
- Easy to export all the settings of the workspace
- Possiblity to hard code some functionalities
- It would be good to be able to have an exclusive app to use the Assistant, instead of the web browser
- More detailed documentation
- Professionals who do not like to hard code
- Develop your solutions without the need of installing any software of libraries
- Develop solutions that the bot will only answer questions (like Q&A)
- Need to hard code specific situations
- Bots that need to execute too many actions, without the use of an orquestrator
- integration with Multiple Channels
- Personalization : depending on the questions they ask i can create actions
- Easy to Use : it's user friendly
- i find it hard sometimes that for every question a customer asks I have to write manually all the steps also known as actions, I would love if we have a list of actions that are predefined for us to use without writing it all
- I would also love if we can use AI to generate the actions
- Cost: IBM Watson Assistant can be expensive for smaller businesses, as pricing is based on usage and can quickly add up. This may limit the tool's accessibility for smaller businesses that are on a tighter budget.
- Easily can learn
- Custom CSS and HTML can also added
- Few features also coming based on new version
- Coming custom Nodejs code those while add bit taking time
- Better if we provide custom CSS
- Easily we can update Color and adding custom icons
- it is easy to use, no code to be developed
- it is easy to understand what is behind the scene
- it is easy to understand what needs to get done to make it work
- make the cloud configuration easier
- IBM Watson Assistant helps create virtual assistants in a matter of hours or days, depending on how simple or complex your workflows are.
- IBM Watson Assistant has a great feature called "Actions" that allows technical and business users alike to create simple and advanced actions to help them create workflows to answer questions that clients might have with the option to regress back even when interrupted by other questions in the middle of the workflow in progress.
- IBM Watson Assistant integrates nicely with several extensions, including not only Watson Discovery to benefit from the SearchSkill feature but also with a custom search using OpenAPI to allow for the assistant to answer questions from other data sources or the Internet in general.
- Watson Assistant requires some improvement in the way it deals with multimedia content when displayed on the assistant. As of now, IBM Watson Assistant has issues displaying technical diagrams on a small chat window. This is definitely something that needs some improvement.
- It is sometimes hard and time-consuming to create some advanced actions while creating the virtual assistant so I suggest that the IBM Watson Assistant development team would work on creating sample templates for some simple to advanced actions according to industry to help kick-start the process of creating the initial virtual assistant.
- IBM Watson Assistant is great, but it is not magic on its own; it requires more extensions which, in my opinion, are very limited to a few possibilities. Enhancing the extensions with other products, including open-source solutions, ought to be a priority for the Watson Assistant development team.
- It has a great NLU engine. The understanding of the sentence informed by the user and its association with the available intentions makes the dialogue more natural and fluid, avoiding linguistic or context confusion.
- Bot development is fast and has a short learning curve. For more advanced users, being able to write your formula directly into the JSON content is a big plus.
- Components such as slots and webhook are present in most virtual assistants, but Watson Assistant allows you to expand these features with combinations and flow rules, allowing you to cover much more of the possibilities and ramifications that a conversation can have. This was a differentiator for me to choose Watson Assistant among other options on the market.
- The possibility of using it in a free plan makes it possible to assess the extent to which the tool will meet the needs of the project.
- Visual formatting options are almost non-existent from the WA panel, using the Carbon Design System is cumbersome and the documentation is very poor.
- It doesn't have a native conversion of text to encoding with channels like Telegram and WhatsApp, as there is in google Dialogflow.
- The new iframe resource uses sandbox but without the option to be able to change its parameters. Could have the parameterization options in the text field itself or by the JSON editor
- Create internal/operational efficiencies
- Improve customer relations.
- Improved customer services.
- Little complex.
- Should be more affordable.
- Data visualization should be more easy
And coming to fair conclusions , I,e by answering questions that you relate to , thus providing appropriate data
- chat bots
No well suited in terms of detailed specific applications
- Integration with an API is somewhat complex.
- Create tutorials about how to integrate Actions with APIs.
- Create an easy way to sign up for an academic license.
- Improve business process agility
- Built innovative solutions with ease
- Simple and modular UI
- Handling huge amount of data that is not structured
- Some integrations are lacking
- The pricing can be a little better for small scale companies
- Query Understanding. Natural Language Understanding
- Fast, smart and Accurate
- Customizable on our own data
- Hiqhly pluggable with existing tools and infrastructure
- Cost Effective
- merger of other IBM Watson products like speech and image recognition is required
- Payment plans for early startups
- Self hosted onprem version
- Easy to develop the conversation flow.
- Using the API to modify the conversation flow.
- Good in picking up synonyms.
- API v2 is still not very efficient in term of manipulating the conversation. API v1 is way more flexible.
- There is a limit on the number of skills per IBM Watson Assistant instance, which is causing us trouble creating skills programmatically.
- We are unable to use our own language model.