Sage 100 (or Sage 100cloud is a business management software offering a broad range of modules designed to meet the many needs of virtually any business. It encompasses financial operations and accounting, payroll, business intelligence, CRM, eBusiness, manufacturing and distribution.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Single sign-on capability (14)10.0100%
- Accounts payable (16)9.090%
- Standard reports (15)8.686%
- Custom reports (14)5.050%
Sage 100 ERP Standard
Sage 100 ERP Advanced
Sage 100 ERP Premium
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Full, Live Demo | DSD InstaDocs for Sage 100 and Sage 100cloud | Matrix Integrated Solutions
2020 06 15 13 27 Sage 100cloud solution presentation PMI CARTONING
Sage 100cloud Invoice Multiple Sales Orders
Paya eInvoicing Demo for Sage 100cloud
Sage 100cloud Hosting
Sage 100cloud - Process Mfg software
Provides for pay calculation and benefit plan administration, in addition to managing direct deposit, salary revisions and payroll tracking.
- 8.6Pay calculation(7) Ratings
Pay calculation provides for computation of employee pay with state and federal deductions.
- 8.6Benefit plan administration(5) Ratings
Benefit plan administration is administration of health insurance plans and 401k plans, and other benefits.
- 8Direct deposit files(7) Ratings
Direct deposit is the ability to electronically transfer pay to an employee’s personal bank account.
This addresses a company’s ability to configure the software to fit its specific use case and workflow.
- 1API for custom integration(5) Ratings
An API (application programming interface) provides a standard programming interface for connecting third-party systems to the software for data creation, access, updating and/or deletion.
- 1Plug-ins(8) Ratings
A number of third-party plug-ins are available to expand the core functionality of the software.
This component helps a company minimize the security risks by controlling access to the software and its data, and encouraging best practices among users.
- 10Single sign-on capability(14) Ratings
The software system supports a centralized authentication mechanism allowing the user to access multiple systems with a single, centrally managed password.
- 10Role-based user permissions(13) Ratings
Permissions to perform actions or access or modify data are assigned to roles, which are then assigned to users, reducing complexity of administration.
Users can report on and analyze usage, performance, ROI, and/or other metrics of success.
- 8.6Dashboards(10) Ratings
Users can create, customize and share dashboards, which provide an overview of the most important metrics.
- 8.6Standard reports(15) Ratings
The software offers pre-built reports with metrics standard to the category.
- 5Custom reports(14) Ratings
Users can create custom reports.
Financial management solution, including capabilities for general ledger and configurable accounting
- 9Accounts payable(16) Ratings
This includes the automation and tracking of payment to vendors and suppliers, with features such as payment scheduling, check printing, open purchase order alerts, document management, direct ACH bill payment, and vendor records.
- 9Accounts receivable(12) Ratings
This includes the management and automation of invoices and collections, with features like statements, invoices, receipts, payment reminders, customer records, auto billing, and refund checks.
- 6.7Global Financial Support(3) Ratings
Account using multiple ledgers, multiple currencies, and multiple entities
- 8.2Primary and Secondary Ledgers(5) Ratings
Record and report across multiple currencies and accounting standards with primary and secondary ledgers
- 10Journals and Reconciliations(6) Ratings
Automate and synchronize ledgers and processes
- 8.2Configurable Accounting(4) Ratings
Configure accounting rules and segments for each chart of accounts
- 8.2Standardized Processes(4) Ratings
Centralize financial management to facilitate standardized financial processes
The ability to track and manage the flow of goods or materials into and out of an inventory.
- 8Inventory tracking(10) Ratings
The software syncs orders and stock to maintain a real-time picture of inventory and supports multiple methods such as LIFO and FIFO.
- 6.7Automatic reordering(8) Ratings
The software can be set up to automatically reorder a good when it falls below a certain threshold.
- 6.7Location management(5) Ratings
The software can track multiple goods across multiple locations.
The ability to process orders, and track them from quote to cash.
- 10Pricing(9) Ratings
Users can set up complex and unique pricing requirements.
- 10Order entry(9) Ratings
Users can enter an order once, and the data flows to all the necessary units such as fulfillment and billing.
- 10Credit card processing(9) Ratings
The software facilitates credit card processing.
- 10Cost of goods sold(9) Ratings
The software calculates the direct costs attributable to a finished product, such as materials and labor, and includes roll-up pricing.
- 8.6Order Orchestration(3) Ratings
Define and execute order fulfillment processes for products as well as services on the same order.
Revenue management solution including capabilities for subledgers and financial processes
- 8.2Billing Management(4) Ratings
Access role-based billing work area, perform discrete and recurring billing
- 8.2Cash and Asset Management(5) Ratings
Manage liquidity and cash requirements, asset transfers, disposals, reclassifications, and financial adjustments
- 8.2Travel & Expense Management(4) Ratings
Enter expenses from mobile devices, integrate credit card and travel booking, configure policy enforcement
- 8.2Budgetary Control & Encumbrance Accounting(4) Ratings
Control spending at any budget level or time interval
- 10Period Close(5) Ratings
Sustain fast close with integrated subledgers, intuitive dashboards, embedded collaboration
Project financial management solution including capabilities for project budgeting, cost control, billing and contract management.
- 9Budgeting and Forecasting(4) Ratings
Establish project budgets and forecast future project financials
- 9Project Costing(3) Ratings
Standardize, track, and control costs at all project phases
- 8Cost Capture(4) Ratings
Capture costs including those for procurement, financials or time and labor, including from external systems
- 8.6Capital Project Management(3) Ratings
Track and manage capital asset costs
- 7.8Customer Contract Compliance(3) Ratings
Associate projects or tasks with customer contracts, and lines within contracts, to meet billing terms
- 7.8Project Revenue Recognition(3) Ratings
Recognize project contract revenue in line with accounting policies and regulations
Project execution management solution including capabilities for project scheduling, resource management, and team member task management.
- 5Project Planning and Scheduling(1) Ratings
Interactive Gantt chart for establishing tasks, durations, and delivery schedule
- 5Task Insight for Project Managers(1) Ratings
Project manager visibility into task progress of team members
- 5Project Mobile Functionality(1) Ratings
Capabilities for project functions such as updating and monitoring task progress and timecards from mobile devices
- 5Definable Resource Pools(1) Ratings
Definable and hierarchical resource pools of potential project resources
Grants management solution for higher education, public sector, or non-profits with capabilities for managing financial awards for program and project funding
- 7Award Lifecycle Management(1) Ratings
Manage the life of program funding awards from initial funding to close-out
Procurement management solution with capabilities for sourcing, contracting, procure-to-pay and supplier management
- 5Bids Analyzed and Compared(1) Ratings
Evaluate, compare and recommend across multiple bids in real-time using diverse user selected criteria and graphical analytics
- 5Contract Authoring(1) Ratings
Document authoring with guided navigation, negotiation templates and productivity tools for reviews and collaboration
- 5Contract Repository(1) Ratings
Secure and searchable contract repository leveraging standard company language components, structures and formats
- 5Requisitions-to-Purchase Orders Integrated(1) Ratings
Create touchless purchases using purchase orders generated automatically per rules from approved requisitions
- 5Supplier Management(1) Ratings
Broadly manage and report comprehensive supplier profiles, capabilities and performance; identify bottlenecks; balance allocations, workloads
Risk management solution with capabilities for managing controls, assessing control effectiveness, certifying controls, and addressing deficiencies
- 5Risk Repository(1) Ratings
Idenity, document, and manage business risks in a unified repository
- 5Control Management(1) Ratings
Establish and update risk and controls matrix, control test plans, and instructions
- 5Control Efficiency Assessments(1) Ratings
Assess control effectiveness on criteria such as geography, business unit, compliance requirements, etc
- 3Issue Detection(1) Ratings
Detect and create issues as part of the assessment flow
- 4Remediation and Certification(1) Ratings
Create and update remediation plans and certify controls
Logistics solution with capabilities for transportation planning, transportation execution, trade compliance, customs management, warehouse management and warehouse workforce management.
- 7Transportation Planning and Optimization(2) Ratings
Plan shipments across all modes of transportation via lowest costs/highest service
- 7Transportation Execution Management(1) Ratings
Execute and track shipping orders
- 7Trade and Customs Management(1) Ratings
Manage duties, tax rates, customs documents, and other data required for products shipped in and to specified countries
- 7Fulfillment Management(2) Ratings
Support for multi-channel demand and execution fulfillment processes
- 7.6Warehouse Workforce Management(3) Ratings
Set goals, measure actuals, and analyze productivity for warehousing tasks and activities
Manufacturing solution for managing manufacturing processes and costs.
- 8.4Production Process Design(2) Ratings
Define data for plant hierarchy, process standards, work areas, calendars and standard operations
- 8.4Production Management(3) Ratings
Centralized critical status information for production supervisors
- 8.4Configuration Management(2) Ratings
Capture and process customer configuration orders
- 8Work Execution(2) Ratings
Monitor procution status, manage work orders for standard and non-standard production, enforce tight controls on serialized products
- 8Manufacturing Costs(2) Ratings
Estimate, plan and monitor costs and variances by plant. Capture resource costs using standard, actual, LIFO, FIFO or multiple costing methods.
Supply Chain Planning solution with capabilities for planning, performance monitoring, change responses and execution.
- 8Forecasting(3) Ratings
Statistically forecast based on historical patterns and sales input, monitor accuracy and estimate new demand
- 8Inventory Planning(3) Ratings
Establish projected inventory levels, monitor actual levels and compare with projected levels
- 7.6Performance Monitoring(3) Ratings
Analyze business metrics and compare actual performance to plans, identify issues, prioritize demands and respond to changes
Product Lifecycle Management solution with capabilities for innovation management, product development
- 1Proposal Management(1) Ratings
Capture budget, resource, and benefit expectations for proposals
- 2Product Master Data Management(1) Ratings
Create, classify, and manage product items, BOMs and product changes
- Tech Details
- Supported: Core Financials
- Supported: Business Intelligence Reporting
- Supported: Manufacturing
- Supported: Distribution
- Supported: CRM
|Deployment Types||On-premise, Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
|Mobile Application||Apple iOS, Android|
|Supported Countries||United States of America, Canada|
|Small Businesses (1-50 employees)||45%|
|Mid-Size Companies (51-500 employees)||45%|
|Enterprises (more than 500 employees)||10%|
- General ledger and financial statements
- customer organization
- production and inventory management
- payroll and hr functions
- need to consolidate steps for running transactions
- Bank Reconciliation
- Month End
- It is unforgiving when a mistake is made
- When posting a batch there is no way to preview it first
- There is no way to undo an entry
I believe the service industry may find Sage 100cloud not as useful.
- The reports are easily customized for management reporting.
- The dashboards are also easily customized for at-a-glance data gathering.
- It functions much like other databases that rely on a one-to-many primary key relationship. If you understand one database, you understand Sage.
- It's painfully slow even for mid-sized businesses like ours without millions of transactions.
- It crashes very, very often and has numerous critical failures.
- Unfortunately, it's a local program so that excludes it from being used remotely. You have to be on site for it to work.
- Sage 100 allows ease of inputting invoices for accounts payable, along with payment of said invoices.
- Sage 100 allows ease of inputting journal entries and maintenance of the general ledger.
- Sage 100 allows for multiple companies in one location with ease of moving between them.
- Sage 100 does not have the ability to easily choose multiple invoices to be paid in one batch.
- Sage 100 is somewhat difficult to initially set up GL for a company.
- Easy to use
- Addresses key aspects of accounting
- Easy to maintain
- Access to menu could be improved
- Printing outputs
- Some screens do not look comprenhensive
- Simplifying financial dashboards and reporting
- Automating financial accounting and reporting processes
- Supply chain reporting and management
- Not ideal for fixed asset heavy businesses because Sage Fixed Assets is separate software
- Significant set-up time on automated processes. Would not make sense for a small business
- Could be cost prohibitive for a smaller business
- Accounting audit trail
- User security
- Inventory management
- Out of the box reporting
- Manufacturing scheduling
- Warehouse managment
- The software is very secure. Sage 100 uses ProvideX as its backbone.
- Doing payroll in house is easy with Sage 100. Why pay a service provider to do something that can be automated in house? The duration of the payroll preparation cycle is faster using Sage 100 and there are no excessive fees.
- The general ledger software makes accounting for multiple departments relatively simple.
- Custom financial statements could be easier to design and modify.
- The upgrade cycle could be improved so that it is automated. This may not be possible for companies with excessive customization of the software but it would be nice to not have to rely on consultants to do this for us.
- Sometimes it takes a few seconds for reports to generate and it would be nice if they could do so a bit faster.
- Financial Operations - It has a well structured general ledger module. Very flexible, 32 characters, 10 segments, good reporting.
- Distribution - Order to cash process is streamlined, integrated credit card processing, off-site storage of CC data (PCI-DSS compliant). Inventory module handles multiple warehouses and complex pricing structures.
- Reporting - All reports in the system are Crystal and it ships with Sage Intelligence. ODBC complaint for 3rd party tools.
- End-User Customization tools- The Customizer module allows you to add user-defined tables, user-defined fields, ad scripts to implement business logic. All screens are customizable- add, remove, hide fields and controls, etc..All this with no custom mods and it's upgrade proof.
- No inter-company: Sage 100 does allow for as many companies codes ( 1 per TIN) as needed, but there is no inter-company processing modules. If you need true interco, there is a 3rd party piece or better yet go with Sage 500.
- Manuals: There are no true user-manuals, there is extensive "help' but everyone would like to see the user manuals come back. That being said, everything that would be in a user manual exists in the KB.
- Non-business framework modules: With version 4 Sage upgraded the underlying business framework to more of RDBMS on the back end. The manufacturing modules and payroll have yet to be updated to the new framework.
- Easy to use and training from module to module is similar in structure.
- Competitively priced for the market.
- Full audit trail due to entries to fix mistake compared to just data overwritten without any trace.
- The data structure and security should be improved.
- Some built-in reports should have more options and flexibility.
- Performance improvement with large transactions in history files.
- We enjoy the ability to integrate products throughout the entire company.
- Sage 100 has wonderful out-of-the-box reporting for us to use for reporting and an easy to use Business Insights tool for more demanding reports.
- Easier upgrades to newer levels would be a plus.
- Purchasing and implementing with a Certified Reseller is key to a successful rollout.
- Rapid response updates in each module (for business process improvement) would be a plus.
- It has a great General Ledger System with great standard reporting and a really good custom financial report writer. Account numbers can be a long as 32 digits and up to 10 segments, which makes it an ideal program for both large and small companies.
- It has a great inventory module with many great features for things such as pricing, tracking orders and stock levels.
- It is a really good program for distribution type companies. The Sales Order, Purchase Order and Inventory modules work very well together.
- The ability to create Purchase Orders, right from a Sales Orders is very helpful for smaller companies who can not keep a lot of inventory on hand or who get their products made by a 3rd party vendor
- Crystal Reports is used through out the system for both reports and forms, which makes customizing them very easy.
- I would like to see a less cumbersome Work Order module. It has some good features in it, but it can require many steps to process and order.
- I would like to see an updated Job Cost Module, one geared to work with it rest of the manufacturing modules, or project accounting instead of construction.
- Input both of AP and journals is straight forward
- Account structure is flexible
- Easy to research
- Increase ease of getting reports into Excel in a usable manner
- Easier means of cancelling a report if error is made in criteria selection
- Simple to implement and use. Operation very intuitive so new employees are quickly trained.
- It is very flexible with many modules and many features allows for easy customization to suit particular needs of any department or company.
- Context sensitive help, training and support make it easy for a company to operate with out a lot of additional outside tech support.
- Scalable plenty of room to grow as the business grows without being bloated.
- Pricing is very reasonable.
- We have the scheduling module we do not use as it difficult to use and requires a lot of manual manipulation --does not handle simultaneous operations.
- JobOps work tickets do not handle sales UOM conversions and have to be manually edited.
- Would like to have multiple ship tos under one customer bill to address.
- Vendors would like to have ability to payment address different from Vendors primary - lockboxes, factors etc.
- Financial system can be viewed in detail and summary, on screen, exported or printed.
- System can handled multiple bank accounts.
- System can handle multiple companies.
- There are multiple steps with Sage 100 ERP in which MAS90 had fewer steps. This was one of the findings when bookkeeper had to adapt to changes with the new system.
Which modules does your business need?
What is the cost for maintenance and support?
What staff training is recommended and what is the cost of training?
How much training is needed to do report writing?
- Accounts Payable works very well.
- The Fixed Assets module is very easy to use.
- Payroll needs huge improvement. To get historical reports we have to change companies and once the payroll register is produced for a pay period you can't reprint. It's needed for audit purposes regularly.
- Our staff had issues with the cash receipts/AR module so it was never fully implemented which means we enter cash receipts via a GL journal entry thus preventing us from using automated bank reconciliations.
- We have been so unhappy with Sage that we are currently in the process of migrating to Blackbaud's Financial Edge and Raiser's Edge.
- For its price point, Sage 100 is still one of the most versatile of all purpose ERP packages available. The utilities built into it are often not found in higher end products, which allows for much more flexibility.
- Some ERP systems focus on doing a few things very well. Sage 100 does a lot of things medium well. It's a question of balance.
- The user interface is pretty straightforward and consistent.
- A key missing function is to be able to track serial numbers and lots independent of item valuation method. The system will not track serial numbers for standard cost valuation items.
- This is a killer for manufacturing operations, which often use standard cost accounting.
- The non-work order production process, Bill of Material Production Entry, has no way to schedule a planned production order.
- If you could create a production order like a sales order, then light manufacturing operations would not need to implement the work order module (one of the most complex modules) in order to show planned production supply in MRP.
- Inventory Warehouse Transfers are currently instantaneous. There is no way to schedule a planned transfer with ship and arrive dates. No transfer in process documentation.
- This makes it difficult for MRP if you need to transfer material from one warehouse to another and need to factor in transport time.
- Reconciling Purchase Price Variance in the GL with sub system transactions is very difficult. Critical for Standard Cost Accounting PPV analysis.
- If the sub system transactions showed the transaction line standard cost and PPV value, then it would be much simpler to reconcile with the GL transaction data.
- While the work order module works, it is not very user friendly. Just getting a work order to the point that you can work on it is a multi step process requiring running posting reports.
- The work order partial completion costing logic is inadequate, requiring 100% of the WIP dollars be issued to the work order before doing a partial completion.
The initial issue that prompted the switch to MAS200 was needing the functionality of a Windows based accounting package. This made employees more productive compared to the terminal based solution previously used.
- Tremendous value for the cost of the solution
- Increased visibility into order fulfillment for client facing employees
- Integration with third party applications to facilitate fulfillment
- Introducing a web-based "inventory advisor" is a nice step, but Sage 100 would be far more effective as a web-based semi-real-time ERP. Would help better support fulfillment and light manufacturing.
- On an older version of the application, our team had trouble posting invoices when sales orders were being accessed.
- Most of our team was self-taught on the application, reducing how well we could use the application. Our perception was that additional training and support was not available.
- Sage is easily customized, using the Custom Office module, making data collection and reporting much easier.
- Data input is similar across all modules which makes getting new users up to speed very simple.
- Inventory, when using Average Cost doesn't always follow conventional rules, when returning items the cost comes out at the current average cost, and doesn't adjust average cost back to what it was before the return which has and does cause problems.
- Heavy manufacturing, using the Work Order system, is very cumbersome at the moment. Would love to see this streamlined, closer to how Bill of Materials production is done.
- MRP needs to be easier and more robust.
- The ability to implement multi-segmented GL account code structure is an integral part of our financial tracking and reporting.
- We do not currently utilize departments in AR or AP, but this is a handy tool for companies who wish to be able to report on multiple divisions within the same company.
- Sage 100 ERP allows for an unlimited number of companies.
- Visual Integrator (the ability to import and export data directly to and from most ProvideX tables) is an integral part of our decision to continue using Sage 100 ERP.
- The version we are using currently utilizes two different business frameworks, and this makes IM tracking a bit of a burden, and is one of the reasons we don't currently utilize the PO module. This has been rectified in later versions.