ClickFunnels offers a web page designer oriented around setting up a sales funnel easily, for those with no coding and design experience.
Products that are considered exceptional by their customers based on a variety of criteria win TrustRadius awards. Learn more about the types of TrustRadius awards to make the best purchase decision. More about TrustRadius Awards
- Landing page A/B testing: (11)6.363%
- Real-time analytics dashboard (12)5.858%
- Optimization recommendations (8)4.949%
- SEO tools (10)4.747%
- No setup fee
- Free Trial
- Free/Freemium Version
- Premium Consulting / Integration Services
Tools that help users improve their website and landing page SEO and optimize the conversion rate of specific pages or forms.
- 6.3Landing page A/B testing:(11) Ratings
The ability to A/B test different versions of landing pages or specific elements on landing pages to see which version converts better, gains more traffic, etc.
- 5.1Dynamic page text replacement(7) Ratings
The ability to dynamically replace content on a page (e.g. the page header) with the direct text of the web visitor’s search query.
- 5.8Real-time analytics dashboard(12) Ratings
Analytics that show landing page performance metrics such as traffic and conversion rates.
- 4.7SEO tools(10) Ratings
Allows the user to understand the SEO performance of their landing page and improve it.
- 4.9Optimization recommendations(8) Ratings
Recommendations for how to improve things like page load speed, SEO performance, or conversion rates on landing pages.
- Tech Details
|Deployment Types||Software as a Service (SaaS), Cloud, or Web-Based|
- Falsely Advertise
- Not Offer Refunds when they should
- Uploading Contacts - basic CRM feature
- Not Falsely advertise things
- Sales Funnels
- Membership Site Portals
- Secure Shopping Cart Pages
- Automation & integration with other popular software
- To be able to build Membership Site Pages the same way as the funnel pages.
- Webpage builder is simple to use
- Allows for sale funnels setup in straightforward way
- Provides a lot of marketing related educational content
- Makes integrations with common digital marketing platforms
- Email marketing is not available in all plans and where available, its clunky to use
- Certain element formatting options aren't available via user interface
- Be nice to have ability to have multiple opt-in forms in one page like a website
It also works well for landing pages focused on building emails lists.
It won't work well for someone wanting to have a traditional website with blog content. ClickFunnels is not built for content publishing.
It works well for people wanting to keep page building and design simple and don't think of themselves as techy
- Duplicating funnel sites
- Sharing of funnels
- A/B testing of landing pages
- Sometimes it can be a bit slow
- More advanced email integration with the basic plan would be good, rather than needing to spend 3x the amount to get email
- It sometimes glitches when saving changes.
The clone function is very useful when I need to create a new funnel that is similar to one I have created previously.
The integrations with other tools, such as ActiveCampaign makes it very easy to link other accounts.
- Easy to create sales pages
- Offers split testing of landing pages
- Integrates easily with stripe for payment processing
- Not mobile friendly.
- The reset password doesn’t always work for my members.
- Not a ton of room for customization with drag and drop for creation of sales pages.
Not only that, we also use it with our clients to build custom content hubs inside of their membership areas. This has been a game changer since there are very little alternatives to this in the market place.
For a company with no coding/development power, ClickFunnels has been a great alternative to build and test landing pages and sales pages on a quick turnaround.
- No-code Landing Pages & Sales Pages.
- Great education.
- Membership areas.
- Easy-to-use and small learning curve.
- Speed (which they are fixing with their new 2.0 software)
- Backend functionality can have a steeper learning curve.
- Their email marketing solution is a bit clunky.
It's easy to use interface makes it extremely simple to build a landing page or sales page and publish it. In the backend it has great analytics that allows you to understand where your page might be underperforming.
Personally I believe ClickFunnels is one of the best solutions to build high-converting sales funnels for info products, e-commerce, and list building.
- Drag n Drop
- Easy Text Editor
- Decent looking theme templates
- Great training materials
- FunnelFlix is worth the price alone if you're into Marketing
- Slow load times
- Connecting to domains is ridiculously complicated
- Adding products is just plain ridiculous the way it's set up
- not much customization over the membership area
- Lead gen
- Building A/B test funnels quickly and showing the results so you can integrate quickly.
- Ability to share elements between funnels and create variations as needed
- Integrate with other platforms and create a single selling machine
- Bump offer design options are limited and look dated
- When you go to duplicate a funnel, you have to go through and re-enter all the product information which is a pain
- There is room to improve the UI and style options to make funnels more attractive.
- Developing our funnel plan.
- Building landing pages, sales, and members content.
- Easy data tracking to identify the weak points and where we need to improve.
- Accelerates our A/B testing phase.
- We don't actually have ownership of the pages we build. Everything is owned by ClickFunnels.
- Creates sales funnels rather than online company brochures (aka traditional websites)
- Sales automation
- Integrated CMS with tags
- Built-in private membership area for delivering content
- Sales and conversion reporting
- WYSIWYG page builder
- Excellent, responsive support
- Unable to change a customer's email address -- this is a BIG problem for some customers
- WYSIWYG page editor is good, but could be better
- Sales stats do not reflect refunds (not sure why not)
- ClickFunnels is not remotely easy to use for blogging
ClickFunnels is not appropriate for traditional websites with 10 or 20 different options for your visitor to click on (5 services, 10 products, blog, etc.). It is terrible for blog sites, as every navigation link to "next" and "previous" posts, including category pages, would have to be manually created on every page.
- Helps direct and connect our company with people to the correct service they need.
- Very easy set up and customer support.
- The one funnel away is an underrated tool.
- Would definitely like the integrations to be improved.
- If you're not tech savvy, this will be hard at first.
- Wish they had different paying options.
- Ease of use is the big one for our organization. It has a simple design and implementation interface that anyone can use and or go into and edit certain page features.
- Consistency and reliability. Though I am sure there have been issues with ClickFunnels for some users, we have never had an issue and it works well for all of our clients across different industries.
- The initial setup can be confusing and a little time-consuming. The best thing we have learned is to not try to start a client from scratch with ClickFunnels, ideally, they should already be using it.
- The only other thing is integrating ClickFunnels in with a clients Domain, which can take some backend development.
- Create Landing Pages and Sales Pages Quickly and Easily: They offer a variety of templates for different purposes (i.e., for Lead Magnets, Digital Downloads; Webinars; and Sales Pages). So any member of your team, even if they are not a developer can change the colors, fonts, photos, and text and have the page ready to go in a matter of minutes.
- Mobile Optimization: The software itself has a very easy to use an intuitive option for mobile optimization. A menu pops out from the right-hand side and provides options for easily changing the size of the font, or adding a particular element to only the desktop or only the mobile version. I've never seen an easier way to optimize for mobile.
- Integrations: Connecting to my email marketing software and my course delivery platform couldn't be easier. To implement specific automation, I prefer to use a more sophisticated email marketing option. The ability to make it all appear seamless on the customer journey is what sealed the deal for me.
- Membership Area: ClickFunnels has a built-in membership area, but it does not allow for very much customization. If you need something very simple, it does the job, but when delivering content to a closed audience such as a course, you are better off with a Learning Management System that is created for that purpose. This is a good thing though, in my opinion, software needs to stick to what they do best and be the best at it. There are too many software companies that try to be everything to everyone and have "all in one" solutions. In that situation, they are not good at any resolution. Clickfunnels is perfect for building sales pages, and that is what they do best.
- Affiliate Portal: ClickFunnels has a vast army of affiliates. However, their reporting system is TERRIBLE. You can't even see how many links you have referred to. This is by far the biggest drawback. According to my link tracking software, I've referred over 3,000 clicks between my blog post reviews, YouTube reviews, and members of my audience on social media, yet I have not had one single sign up. I think this is misleading and not transparent. They need to have better affiliate tracking analytics for their affiliates.
- Customer Service: There is nothing I dislike more than a company that farms out all their customer service overseas. There is a significant language barrier in this industry, and most problems can be solved very quickly if you employ people who understand the product and the industry. Unfortunately, I had an experience with a very simple question. Still, the customer service rep did not understand my question, so it took four days to resolve between going back and forth over email because of the time difference. If I were speaking to someone from the USA who understood my issue, it could easily have been resolved within minutes. Eventually, I was the one who discovered that their documentation was incorrect, and that was the reason my issue wasn't able to be resolved easily.
- The ease of building landing pages is incredible. It's just drag and drop, and still very customizable. It's simple enough that anyone can build a page, not just a designer. They have simple templates to start from and you can make a great branded page easily from there.
- It's great at generating leads. You can embed simple opt-in forms in webpages at the top of your landing page and integrate with your CRM and it also stores your leads in the system as well. Opting in can trigger a number of different actions, including a thank you page, a second offer, or trigger an automated email.
- ClickFunnels's biggest strength is sales funnels. Easily create a continuous set of pages that get someone from a visitor to a subscriber, and to a paid customer. You don't have to "glue" a bunch of different systems together like a page builder, shopping cart, eCommerce tool, email marketing tool, or CRM. It's all interconnected so you can churn out sales quickly, all automated.
- It does not have email blast functionality, or multi-step workflows, so it can't completely replace a marketing automation tool or email marketing software like Mailchimp. It needs a co-pilot to really make your business a marketing machine.
- Setting up funnels can be tricky sometimes. There are several different places to change URLs for your pages which can be confusing. You have to create a domain or subdomain to use for your pages, otherwise they get an ugly clickfunnels.com URL. Automated emails are not as simple to create as other tools, and it's not drag-and-drop.
- It doesn't have the CRM functionality that other marketing tools have. It does capture the name and email address of your leads, but it has to send them to another tool, at least in the base version.
- Lots of training in the member area.
- Lots of resources and information on Facebook groups.
- Know-how pages behind help button.
- They need to find a simple solution for beginners, as the number of things to do is overwhelming.
- They need to qualify their coaching applicants better, and be able to say no if it is not a good fit.
- The need to approach training programs with less greed and more support.
- Easy to Use
- Customer Support
- It's fairly expensive compared to other options.
- More integrations with other software would be nice.
- Speed to market - love the speedy implementation of the funnels.
- Integrations - easily integrate email drip and payment gateways.
- Split Testing designs - quickly test and make changes to ensure you have a converting funnel.
- Missing- internal Calendar functionality links for clients to auto-schedule an appointment.
- Metrics - ClickFunnels fall very short on metrics. I want to know who watched videos, how much they watched, or advanced through a video. No, CTA's!
- Reporting - I want the DATA!!! Analytics is SO important!
- Love the templates. Easy to learn, modify, and publish. Easy to clone.
- Fast execution! No frustration! Easy to use an editor!
- It can be easy to understand for someone who does not know coding language.
- Drag and drop
- Quicker support
- Email marketing set up and sequences need updates
- ClickFunnels makes my business look professional, and feels like it adds that extra 'pop' to really wow both new and repeat customers.
- ClickFunnels has amazing customer support. Even when I'm confused on something, I feel completely confident that it will be resolved with a member of their support team.
- ClickFunnels by itself doesn't have some functions I feel are necessary and requires additional coding for these functions. They are provided with a separate service, which also has a learning curve.
- ClickFunnels can be a bit of a learning curve by itself and at first it can feel a bit overwhelming and daunting. I am a pretty techy person, and I still felt this way so I can only imagine for someone less familiar with techy things.
- It makes creating pages easier and straight forward.
- The support is pretty good too.
- Everything has clear step by step videos and a great help team.
- I got personalized help and even a video of my page from their support team.
- Some people may be turned off by some of the personalities.
- I would try to use some other free course sites to become aware of the icons and terms that most platforms use. If you are just starting out it will be overwhelming but give it a go.
- High-converting templates.
- Fast-loading pages.
- Infusionsoft API connection has been broken for almost a year.
It used to be good enough for you to have a website - but now, you need to have a website that features a guide or an offer for an ideal user, then collects their information and follows up with them immediately.
This tool combines:
- email autoresponder
- Landing page software: A great one-page microsite where you can host your guides, offers, event information... (please note, this should not replace a mature company website).
- Integrations: This software integrates with just about everything - so it's easy to collect information here and then migrate it into your real Customer Relationship Management system or ESP (email service provider).
- Easy, basic CRM: For the new business owner, or for someone who has an opt-in offer, this software creates a four-in-one landing base to begin part of a customer journey. (please note, this does not replace a real CRM or email software for a mature business owner or for a bigger brand.)
- Pop-up software: Allowing you to collect user information and allow people to opt-in to marketing messages or offers.
- A/B testing: The ability to create and test offers, different landing pages, and variables to understand what their audience truly desires.
- End USER EXPERIENCE - OH. MY. GOODNESS. This software needs help in the design department. I don't like critiquing people or products, but in this case, you need to get someone to help you with design to really make your landing page look professional (this is attached to your brand image). A lot of direct response marketers use this platform for younger brands, so typically the designed landing pages on this software don't look great.
- User navigation - It's not necessarily user intuitive.
- The software has interior platforms for membership courses - But this is not a great user experience for your course. A micro-course, 7-day trial, or mini-course as an opt-in offer might work here, but COACHES, do not use this as the delivery system of your membership course. Go elsewhere for that, like Teachable, MyKajabi, or Thinkific.
- They need to make more room for templates. The basic plan of $99 only allows you to have 20 landing pages. According to industry leaders, you should have 40 per offer.
For younger brands or businesses, I would recommend this as:
- A starter site, email system and pop up all in one to create a place where people can go from viewing the site -> a lead or customer
- A place to test your offers, landing pages, and pop-ups
- An easy way to create landing pages without having to give user access to your main platform.
- A good place to test your offers or landing pages
- A permanent email service provider
- A permanent/main website
- A main pop-up provider
- Easy to use.
- Full Of features.
- Best funnel software on the market.
- They should make it more developer friendly.
- Certain funnel templates look scammy.
- The landing page builder is not powerful like other software.